8.29.2016

Under 30 Days for the Channel


Quick blurb on the past week on training and just life.

Swims have been happening as planned. Maine ocean has been "key" with lots of chop and cold.

Past week the ole body has let me know it has not liked what I am doing to it. Have had some normal over use stuff to deal with like a sore ankle from all the kicking and one finger on my right hand that is over used. All of the constant use requires me to address the most silly ailments.

With that said, doing long distance type stuff, I have a good idea how to combat these sort of things.

Never fails, as training gets the toughest, work/life seems to perk up at the same time. Doing my best to push back and get as much rest as possible. Perfect example, rise at 3AM to attend a client meet out of state, travel back to Mass to hit the pool, then client meetings at 6PM, then back to Maine by late night,

Not complaining, it's just how it goes.

However, I am pleased to announce an amazing development, the Invo Brands and their Coconut Line of Water has formally signed on to support my swim to Benefit Dana Farber. Along with the swim, they are going to support Dana Farber for their upcoming walk with expected attendance of 10K, along with their support for a cancer walk for breast cancer in September.  I will certainly post more on this soon.

Invo Brands has a huge line of amazing products that are all natural. Please check them out!!! Right now that are available in Whole Foods and Wegmans. The whole crew and founder are committed to offering products that don't need additives based on their unique cold fused processing. The Coconut Line is off the charts amazing.

This past week another Channel swimmer Nick Thomas sadly passed away during a solo attempt. My heart goes out to his family and by all accounts he passed away doing what he loved to do. I plan on writing Nick's initials on my swim cap.

Also, my good friend and CPA David was just diagnosed with Bladder Cancer this past week. Also, my Uncle Will now battling Colon CA. Cancer is just god awful. David's name, Will, Nick along with Shawn will be front and center.


This past weekend completed another long ocean swim. Taking cold showers is not even a plan, it is a requirement now. I can't handle the heat since my body has been getting use to being in the cold so long.

A few funny random ocean happenings. I spend so much time looking at the bottom of the ocean I know where my sea creature friends hang out. I see Mr. Horse Shoe Crab, my buddies the Star Fish, The old crab, to name a few. Once is a while I dive down to pick them up to inspect.

During this weekend I swam by a nice lady training for LobsterMan in Maine. She had a full suit, head warmer, booties and gloves. I swam by basically naked and we talked floating about 30 feet for a few. She could not believe that I didn't have a wetsuit on. I may have heard something like, "you are insane".

I'm paying special attention to rest and nutrition. Plan is for some sort of taper, but not sure what that looks like.

That's it for today, off to my day job!

http://www.jimmyfund.org/events/cancer-fundraising-events/mark-scribner-s-english-channel-swim/

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You Rock!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

pakistani Funny Videos
)()()()()()(pakistani Funny Videos
)()()()()()(

https://ideas-soluciones-decoracion-hogar.blogspot.com.ar/ said...

Nice Blog!

คนสวย2019 said...

ร้อยไหม
ร้อยไหมปรับรูปหน้า ปรับรูปหน้าที่ไหไนดี ร้อยไหมตรงไหน











ดี? กังนัมสถานพยาบาล



เป็น



คำตอบไม่ว่าจะเป็น ร้อยไหมหน้าเรียว เป็นวีไลน์แบบประเทศเกาหลี



ด้วยไหมก้าง



ให้ท่าน



งาม



แบบประเทศเกาหลี



ลดอายุ หน้าเด็ก ไม่เจ็บ ไม่บอบช้ำ



ไม่บวม หน้าเป็นวีเชฟ ลดเหนียง เหนียงกระชับสมปรารถนา




ร้อยไหมก้างปลา
ร้อยไหม ปรับรูปหน้า
ร้อยไหม pantip

peter thakur said...

I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed Say numbers in Roblox

John said...

Thanks for this post Queader! Now I've got to get on and implement more thank you. I also have something for you. you can Check here