5.30.2012

Boy I was cooked



Ok, no excuses on the lack of posting. Long/Short story is that I was cooked, I mean completely cooked
after IMLP last July and the four years of killing it! I could not even look at my bike, sneakers or anything structured relating to a workout. No measuring my food, data or time... Nada, not a blip or desire to move my body other than to play with the kids and even that was blah.

My friend Kat when discussing my lack of motivation recently said to me, "Mark, you not only burned the candle at both ends for so long, you burned them in the middle and beyond and it's no wonder you needed a break".  As weird as this sounds, I had no idea how hard it was to pull it off until I had time to reflect. Now, it does not even sound possible.

So, here we are about a year later with more than a few Lb's. After a couple of start and stops with some major medical issues and scares this year, my lovely assistant Kelly decided enough was enough and took my credit card and signed me up for the Nubble Light House Challenge on July 14. It's a "no joke" of a open water ocean swim 2.4 miles into some shrinkage type cold Maine water.

I've been jumping in the pool goofing around and working on setting a new swim stroke. I'm only swimming for about 45 mins three times a week and the other half of my swim time in in the hot-tub. I still prefer the hot-tub time....

Michelle is about as great as you could ask for regarding support. She always suggests I try to burn off the extra energy I have by going out for a run or a long walk. More recently she's been heading out with me on some of my trail runs.

I had on the calendar this August Ironman Tremblant. That now is a donation to the ever profitable Ironman logo (No refund policy). There is chatter about signing up for IMLP for 2013 and my assistant Kelly is getting close to signing on too. Nothing better than having people who share passions working along side. We have an angle on a house (This is how your friends try to rope you in)

So, taking it day by day and finding my grove along the way. (Above is where Michelle and I take our walks and stare out into the ocean for calmness)

3 comments:

Kelly D. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Darin Armstrong said...

Hello Mark,
Just a quick message to ask if you would be interested in a ‘mutual’ following on twitter. I am currently following you now and am awaiting for your follow-back. (#FYI I do RT’s ‘anytime’ for all #Triathletes #Cyclists #UltraRunners #Marathoners #FitnessProfessionals who follow me on Twitter and have something important they want mentioned…)

All the very best for the rest of 2012 and beyond Mark. Look forward to hearing from you…

Darin
twitter.com/DarinArmstrong
#TeamLIVESTRONG

gamer 1 said...

After a couple of start and stops with some major medical issues and scares this year, my lovely assistant Kelly decided enough was enough and took my credit card and signed LOL Coaching
Cheap LOL Coaching